Re: Longflo Air Cleaner, BJ8

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Longflo Air Cleaner, BJ8
From: Bob Spidell <bspidell@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 18 May 2007 18:16:49 -0700
Hi Don,

I bought a set of those a few years ago.  Two holes for mounting (with
bolts), two to allow venting
to the carbs' piston dome and two for other purposes.  The two large
holes should have come with
plastic plugs, and you should have gotten at least one plastic elbow to
fit to the crankcase vent hose
(that also evacuates the valve cover).  If you didn't get the plugs you
should be able to find something
that will work at your local parts house.

I didn't have any luck with these; the filters are OK, but the crankcase
vent elbow was too
restrictive for the amount of blow-by my engine had.  This caused the
crankcase to pressurize
the valve cover, enough to cause oil leaks around the valve cover.  Hope
you have better luck.

bs