Re: GAS STATION ding dings

To: John May <jdmay@attglobal.net>
Subject: Re: GAS STATION ding dings
From: bn1@pacbell.net
Date: Fri, 25 May 2007 21:10:49 -0700
I don't believe it, John!  Is the bell below the floor about 5" in
diameter and maybe 3" deep and was it was operated by a plunger that
came up through the floor?   The mounting bracket was about 2" with 3
through the floor machine screws?

I bought my '53 BN1 from the original owner on his 76th birthday in 1978
and unfortunately he died before I could gain all the history from him.
He was a state away from my home.  The car originally came into Chicago
and was heavily raced, placing 1st in class at the inaugural SCCA Road
America at Elkhart Lake in 1954.

Anyway mine was mounted right in the middle of the driver's floor
board.  I used to kick it every time I got in and out of the car.  Being
the young and totally stupid 31 YO kid that I was, I trashed it and
welded up the hole!! My car has always been in the States in the Chicago
area until the POE retired to Phoenix.

Wow, anybody else seen anything liked this?

Ya gotta love this list!

Bill Barnett
Santa Ana, CA
'53 BN1 #663