Re: GAS STATION ding dings

To: bn1@pacbell.net, jdmay@attglobal.net
Subject: Re: GAS STATION ding dings
From: Awgertoo@aol.com
Date: Sat, 26 May 2007 08:18:09 EDT
In a message dated 5/26/2007 12:11:34 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
bn1@pacbell.net writes:

I don't believe it, John!  Is the bell below the floor about 5" in
diameter and maybe 3" deep and was it was operated by a plunger that
came up through the floor?   The mounting bracket was about 2" with 3
through the floor machine screws?

Sounds like a Bermuda Bell--you can see an electrified version at:

_http://www.lonewolfwhistle.com/ding-dong-bell.html_
(http://www.lonewolfwhistle.com/ding-dong-bell.html)

BTW on the same website they mention Wolf Whistles.  I had one of those on my
1960 BN7 when I was in college--tapped into the intake manifold and operated
by some wire pulled through the firewall to under the dash.  I thought it was
absolutely the coolest thing in the world.

Best--Michael Oritt