Re: Horn Problem -- What Next???

To: AAHealeyguy@aol.com
Subject: Re: Horn Problem -- What Next???
From: Bob Haskell <rchaskell@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 31 May 2007 17:54:44 -0400
Gerry,

The horn has power to it all the time.  When you press the horn button,
you're completing the circuit to ground.  Are both horns going off or just
one?  I'd disconnect the horn lead the harness before it goes up the
steering column. Then drive the car and see if the horns go off.  If they
don't, you might have a bare wire in the stator tube in the column or a
bare/loose wire under the trafficator/control head.  Is the harness new?
Have you done any work on the trafficator?

Bob