Re: Horn Problem -- What Next???

To: <AAHealeyguy@aol.com>, <ahcsd-discuss@yahoogroups.com>,
Subject: Re: Horn Problem -- What Next???
From: "Rich C" <richchrysler@quickclic.net>
Date: Thu, 31 May 2007 20:38:19 -0400
Gerry,

Congrats on getting the car running and on the road.

Now for the intermittent horn problem. I have encountered this a few times
when the car has had a new stator harness installed. The brown wire in the
harness has to do a very tight 90 degree turn at the top of the tube in the
trafficator switch where the 4 wires splay out to connect to their
respective threaded contact. Though the terminal has a short rubber
insulating sleeve fitted to it, this sharp turn often exposes some of the
connector shank where it can very easily contact the round plate or the
stator tube, thereby grounding and completing the horn circuit.

You may need to open this assembly up to check this out. The remedy is to
insulate the terminal further.

Rich Chrysler