Re: Fuel pump

To: "Simon Lachlan" <simon.lachlan@homecall.co.uk>, "'Healeys@Autox.
Subject: Re: Fuel pump
From: "Rich C" <richchrysler@quickclic.net>
Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2007 12:39:35 -0400
Simon,

Somewhere on the inlet side, you are sucking air. If the pump can work
enough pressure to stop when you close your fingers over the inlet and
outlet ports, it sounds like the pump is doing its job. Just to be sure, wet
your fingers and try that test again. With moisture at the sealing area of
the ports, you will feel much more suction than if it's a dry test.

Anyway, go back over every connection on the suction side, back to the tank.
And make sure you have enough fuel in the tank that it's not simply an
internal tank inlet pipe sucking air. I've seen extreme cases where the
internal pipe is rotted.

Rich Chrysler