RE: More header questions

To: "Steve B. Gerow" <steveg@abrazosdata.com>, "Healeys Newsgroup"
Subject: RE: More header questions
From: "Brashear, Jack, N" <JNBrashear@garverengineers.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2007 10:57:55 -0500
I have an old-timey set which I bought from Sports&Classics in CT back
in the 70's.  I used them for a few years until I quit driving the car
(BT7) for the next 20 years.  When I finished the resto of my car in the
late 90's I put the same headers back on.  I had them porcelain-ceramic
coated in 1998 by Airborne Coatings in OK City just before putting them
back on the car.  I used them again for a couple of years until I went
back to stock manifolds.  These are two 3-into-1 collectors and two down
pipes that end at the muffler.  They were trouble free even with no flex
pipes although they were a bit inconvenient to remove and replace.  Over
this time some of the nice satin silver finish discolored.  They are
hanging in my shop now.  If would like to see what old style headers
look like, let me know off list and I'll email a photo or two.
Jack