RE: Ignition timing

To: <Warthodson@aol.com>, <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Ignition timing
From: "Michael Salter" <msalter@precisionsportscar.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2007 09:34:16 -0400
Hi Gray,
I too have never been able to resolve this discrepancy which seems to be
isolated to the numbers for the BJ8 engine only.
The way I read my Lucas manual it indicates that the 18 degrees of
distributor advance occurs at 3200 distributor RPM (6400 crank RPM) whereas
the earlier 6 cyl engine distributors reach max advance at 2000 RPM
distributor or (4000 crank).
My conclusion is that the BJ8 distributor has the potential to advance to 18
degrees (36 crank RPM) but this would only occur in extreme situations.
Any other theories would be most welcome. :-)

 Michael Salter
100S (1955)
3000 Mk111(1965)
100 (1953)