Another Wiring Question

To: <healeys@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Another Wiring Question
From: "Mark and Kathy" <mgtrcars@galaxyinternet.net>
Date: Sat, 16 Jun 2007 08:57:38 -0400
Since I now have the luxury of not having a shroud hindrance
for my wiring project,  it has become quite obvious why the smoke is let out
of the wires on our cars so frequently.

On my car the red head light switch wire was melted all along the wire harness
and fused to the other wires that were running with it.
So as I'm looking at the back of the head lamp switch it is pretty obvious
that the holding brackets for the fuel gauge and the tach
could really do a number on the electrics.  A slight twist of one of these
gauges could possibly move one of the brackets within touching distance to a
hot wire on the head light switch.  POOOF.    Very poor switch design not to
mention bracket placement.

I am interested in any input on what you guys have done to insulate the head
light terminals or maybe even the gauge holding brackets?

I use to have some " Heat Shrink Tape" that worked well in these areas since
the typical electric tape wants to release after about a day.  :(     Any
leads on this stuff would be appreciated.
Heat shrink tubing hasn't proved to be a practical measure at this stage of
the game unless I want to take the switch out and start over.

Thanks ahead,   Mark