Re: Furlex installation

To: "James Lea" <clocks@midcoast.com>, "List Healeys"
Subject: Re: Furlex installation
From: "Rich C" <richchrysler@quickclic.net>
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2007 16:06:44 -0400
James,
The leading edge of the rear quarter trim panel is made of thick oak. Wood
screws with heads located under the side flange of the alloy door shut trim
plates pass in through the metal flange and imbed into the wood. To remove
this panel, the door shut aluminum panel must be removed. This will expose
the heads of the wood screws. Unscrew these to release the leading edge.
Then pull the panel inboard slightly and then forward in the car to clear
the metal flanges at the back edge of the panel and at the vertical edge of
the heel board.

It souds as though someone has replaced the shut pillar panel but not
replaced the wavy extended edge metal strip that protrudes well beyond the
shut pillar inner edge. This "wavy" edge metal strip is expressly to mount
the furflex strip.

Rich Chrysler