Re: [Healeys] High rpm's plus COOLING UPDATE

To: "Richard Hosmer" <rahosmer@citlink.net>, "Healey List"
Subject: Re: [Healeys] High rpm's plus COOLING UPDATE
From: "M Lempert" <mlempert@bellsouth.net>
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2007 14:09:43 -0400
I agree, Dick.  But for my purposes, right now I'm just looking for a
reasonable estimate to help me keep out of trouble.  It seems I was doing
over eighty when I thought I was doing 75 MPH. That could have made the
difference in getting a ticket or not. Luckily, on route 95 everyone drives
so fast I didn't stand out.  Eventually I'll just get the speedo calibrated.

Another consideration with doing a mile marker test is tach accuracy.  I
might be able to keep my revs steady, but who knows if they're steady where
I think they are.  The GPS solution would be the most accurate for sure. Got
to find someone that has one.  I'd buy one myself, but it would take all the
fun out of getting lost.

Mike L.