[Healeys] Aluminum oil pan/sump

To: Healeys@autox.team.net, ptr.sturtevant@covidien.com
Subject: [Healeys] Aluminum oil pan/sump
From: healeybn4@aol.com
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2007 17:57:18 -0400
I installed an aluminum oil pan/sump on my 100-6 which was sourced through
Moss, but was from AH Spares.??I removed the 1/4 inch of the oil pipe as
instructed and re-installed the oil screen on the bottom of the oil pump.? My
oil pressure?skyrocketed to 100 psi at start up, and idles at 50 when warm, but
goes up to over 100 with any acceleration.??I have removed and checked the
pressure relief valve and everything seems fine.? I have checked with a
different pressure gauge and everything still the same.??I have removed the pan
and rechecked everything on the oil pump and found no blockage and re-installed
with new gaskets, oil, and oil filter.? Nothing has improved.? The engine is
running great, but I am very concerned with the pressure reading and have not
driven the car.? Any ideas on what I should try next?? Has anyone else
experienced a similar problem with aluminim oil pans??

Help!!??

Cheers,? Pete Sturtevant