Re: [Healeys] Velocity stacks on a BJ8

To: Jorge Garcia <fortee9er@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Velocity stacks on a BJ8
From: richard mayor <mayorrichard@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2007 01:33:49 +0000
Hello Jorge:  This might not be the best thing for everyday driving, but I
have seen at least one racer use pieces of pantyhose wrapped around the stacks
as a filter. He told me he regularly sprayed WD40 on the material to help
"filter" the air.  Cheers, Richard Mayor

> Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2007 09:57:33 -0700> From: fortee9er@yahoo.com> To:
healeys@autox.team.net> Subject: [Healeys] Velocity stacks on a BJ8> > I
installed a pair of 2" fully radiused velocity> stacks on my BJ8 and now I am
looking for something to> act as a filter. The outside diameter on these>
velocity stacks are 3.5" and the biggest snap on> filter screens made for
Weber carbs are 3". Even if> they had them in the right size I don't know how
they> would be fastened to the stacks. I found "foam socks"> (UniFilter) to
slip over the velocity stack as a> filter. Has anyone used these foam socks
what brand> any suggestions???> Thanks> Jorge Garcia> > > >