Re: [Healeys] Best Parts Sources (Part 2)

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Best Parts Sources (Part 2)
From: "BJ8Healeys" <sbyers@ec.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2007 16:54:43 -0700
Thus, I finally realized that the problem was really in the new hub and not
in the rotor.  Remember how the shop spent three hours
on my problem and didn't charge ANYTHING because it was a unique experience
for them working on a Healey?

With that information, I reported my experience to Healey Haven and received
the response that they hadn't heard of that problem before.  The most I
could get out of them was they would "try (note the word) to get me another
hub".  I have offered multiple times since April to send back the defective
hub for examination, but they did not even give me the courtesy of a reply.

their supplier which indicated that there was at least one other defective
hub with the same complaint sitting on their counter and indicated again
they were "trying to get me a new hub".   To my repeated questions about how
long I should wait for this new hub, did their supplier want to see my bad
hub, etc., I got silence.  It has now been six months since I reported the
problem, and I still can't get a straight answer from Healey Haven about how
long it will take to get a new hub.  As I told them last week, if I didn't
hear from them by last Friday, I was buying from someone else.  No response.
I'm driving
on the old worn-out hub, which I won't do any longer.  I'll be buying a new
hub, but not from the same place, and you can bet I'll push my car before
I'll buy anything else there, either.

Just thought I would take this opportunity to let you know what kind of
customer service you might expect from one of the available suppliers if you
have a problem with one of their parts.  CAVEAT EMPTOR!

Steve Byers
HBJ8L/36666
BJ8 Registry
Havelock, NC  USA