Re: [Healeys] Phishing or real?

To: "Healey List" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Phishing or real?
From: "M Lempert" <mlempert@bellsouth.net>
Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2007 10:35:42 -0400
I too received one of those messages from the SPRIDGETS list. It did indeed
unsubscribe me shortly thereafter, so it seems very legitimate. I sent
multiple requests to the list owner for more information about the bounces.
It seemed to me that re-enabling my membership wouldn't resolve the problem,
so I wanted data to send to my ISP so that they might address the problem at
its source. Unfortunately, I never received any response from the list
owner. I haven't had
this occur on the Healey list yet. However, I receive the digest version and
have been getting this message:
"This message has been processed by Symantec's AntiVirus Technology.

Unknown00000000.data was not scanned for viruses because too many nested
levels of files were found."

It typically occurs when there are many postings. Several things seemed to
start happening at the same time; the "bounce" message, the above, and some
other email problems. At that approximate time, I think the Bellsouth
network was integrated with the new AT&T network as a result of recent
acquisition. I think the Symantec influence came in at that point. Perhaps
the bounce issue as well.

On top of all this, it seems McAfee has started to corrupt files in Outlook
Express. I have just lost two months worth of recent emails. So if anyone
has had difficulty communicating with me, please try again.

Regards,
Mike Lempert