Re: [Healeys] Insurance Question

To: "Atkinson, Robert" <rca53@columbia.edu>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Insurance Question
From: Dave Russell <rusd@sitestar.net>
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2007 20:40:48 -0600
Hi Bob,

In my years of driving experience, 95% of my car damages have occurred
in public parking lots, always "hit & run".

On my Healey, even a mild front, rear, or side bump would do several
thousand dollars worth of damage. It doesn't even have one MPH bumpers.

I wouldn't dream of parking the car  in a crowded public lot.  I don't
see how you could use it to "go shopping",  in most places,  without
exposure to other driver's mistakes. I'm sure that my "collector"
insurance company sees it the same way - thus their rules.

My daily drivers have sustained some fairly hard bumps with
insignificant damage. Whole different situation than the Healey.

Regards,
Dave Russell
BN2