Re: [Healeys] How Many Bytes?

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] How Many Bytes?
From: "Brits'n'Pieces \(Eric Frenken\)" <lists@brits-n-pieces.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2007 12:18:11 +0200
Hello Len (and all),

it just happened that I hit the "wrong" key on my keyboard while writing an
email and guess what showed up! A "statistic window" which shows among other
numbers the number of words and characters in the current mail.

I use the German version of Outlook 2007, so I don't know whether the same
shortcut applies to your application. Try <Ctrl>+<Caps>+<i>. As we now know
that there is a thing like this, browse your menu and look out for it, in
case the shortcut does not work with you. The shortcut is supposed to show
up next to the menu item.

Eric
http://brits-n-pieces.com

Leonard Hartnett wrote:

My first attempt to send my last message created a 'bounce' because it was
393 bytes over the 3KB limit.  That was because I did not delete or reduce
the size of the original message.

So now, one has to wonder, is there any way to know how many bytes are in a
message as one prepares a 'Reply' or Creates and e-mail to The List?

(The Other) Len
Vacaville,  California,  USA
1967 3000 MKIII, HBJ8L39031