[Healeys] Painting and fitting body panels

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] Painting and fitting body panels
From: Ken Wignall <ourxke@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2007 13:51:12 -0500
I have reached the point of restoration of a BT7 restoration where the fenders
and both shrouds are stripped and primed and ready for painting. The
undersides will now be finished and painted, but we are trying to decide
whether to final paint the outer sides of the panels prior to assembly or
after fitting them. Alternatively, finishing both sides of the fenders now but
not final paint the outer sides of the  shrouds until they are fitted. Any
advice from others that have already done this? We are using Dupont 2 stage
base/clear system.