Re: [Healeys] Painting and fitting body panels

To: "George Haywood" <haywoodone@hotmail.com>, "Ken Wignall"
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Painting and fitting body panels
From: "Peter Ryner" <pryner@verizon.net>
Date: Wed, 07 Nov 2007 23:11:15 -0500
I recommend fitting the panels, then loosen enough to fit the beading in
about a 1/2"  Retighten the panels to hold the beading in place above the
panels and so that the panels line up.  Tape the exposed beading and spray.
After it is dry, you can just loosen the bolts and slide the beading home.
The panel remains very close to its final position, you're able to paint the
edge of all of the panels except where the tabs are postitioned, and there
is no chance of chipping the paint trying to get all of the tabs inserted
between the panels.  Overspray on the tabs is no problem as they are not
exposed and it is easy to fully cover the exposed beading with tape but not
get the tape too close to the panels.
Worked for me
Pete