[Healeys] Timing gear removal, again

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: [Healeys] Timing gear removal, again
From: Stephen Hutchings <s.hutchings@rogers.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Nov 2007 13:13:01 -0500
Thanks for the suggestions on removing the timing gears, but I'm not there yet.
As I said in my last post, I've got the cam gear moving with a two
legged puler that fits the two holes in the gear nicely. The trouble
is the crank gear. I could maybe adapt a puller for this job (there
is very little room behind the gear for puller hooks), but I'm very
concerned at the amount of force that would be applied against the
chain - I'm thinking that the only way I can get a nice positive,
even grip on the gear is to remove the chain first- any thoughts
about that?
The chain will only have about 20,000 miles on it, so I don't want to ruin it.

Stephen, BJ8