Re: [Healeys] VIN plate

To: sbyers@ec.rr.com
Subject: Re: [Healeys] VIN plate
From: <glemon@neb.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2007 12:41:24 -0600
Years ago when I was redoing a TR4A a misplaced the VIN plate and ordered a new
one from Moss or VB, don't remember which, took it down to a trophy shop
(engraving) to have the correct number on it.

At the time is struck me how easy it would be to "create" a car with a
particular VIN if you were so inclined.  I think it is good that Clarke asks
for proof of car ownership, but I think you can get at least some of the ID
plates from the usual sources and I am fairly certain they don't ask for any
documentation.

Greg Lemon
54 BN1