Re: [Healeys] VIN plate

To: "WILLIAM B LAWRENCE" <ynotink@msn.com>, <scvc70@epix.net>,
Subject: Re: [Healeys] VIN plate
From: "Rich C" <richchrysler@quickclic.net>
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2007 21:23:30 -0500
Actually there were 3 different plates and or locations for the basic number
plate within the production of the BN1.

First was the ivory coloured plastic plate we've recently been speaking
about that was fastened to the left side interior kick panel. This lasted
until the end of the non-unified numbering system, late August 1954.

Second was the familiar oval aluminum plate held with 2 screws that was
first mounted in the same position as the previous, again on the left side
interior kick panel.

Third was the indentical plate, but finally moved out onto the engine bay
side of the bulkhead area, just inboard of the fresh air duct aperture.

The first two scenarios result in the plates very often missing from those
earlier cars, having usually been lost when the interior panel deteriorated
and was removed.

Rich Chrysler
AHCA Hundred Registrar