Re: [Healeys] Antennas

To: dan@warner-associates.com, healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Antennas
From: Awgertoo@aol.com
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2007 19:47:43 EST
In a message dated 12/17/2007 7:18:12 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
dan@warner-associates.com writes:

Has anyone found a decent looking universal antenna with a chrome  base they
would recommend.

I am  trying to fit to my BMC AM radio and would mount on
my right front  fender.  How do I eliminate static without going to  resistor
wires?
Dan--

I have a clamp-on antenna that I mount on the rear bumper support and run
the wire in through the rubber gasket with no need to drill any hole.   You can
get extensions for the antenna to reach the radio.

As to the static, if the coil-distributor lead is long enough try
disconnecting one end and tying a simple overhand knot in the wire and then
reconnecting it.  A guy showed me this years ago and it actually  worked.

Best--Michael Oritt