Re: [Healeys] Frame and Chassis restoration

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Frame and Chassis restoration
From: "Tom Rech" <tdrech@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2008 10:10:12 -0600
John,

I chose the Jule frame product as well for my restoration because of the
reasons Jack mentioned, but also, the box frame sections are far superior to
the 50 year old originals.  In my case, my original front and rear
sub-frames were transferred over to the new box frame along with new sills,
floors, and pedal boxes which are consumable items in most restorations
anyway.  In my view, it is still an "original" chassis with a much improved
box frame underneath.

I chose the Jule frame because the PO had cut loose the floors and sills
without saving the correct alignment and geometry to the rest of the
chassis.  I also had numerous issues with the original box sections that the
Jule frame would immediately cure, and everything was realigned using my
original sheet metal.  Another advantage is that my costs were controlled,
and I wasn't held hostage to ever increasing costs, which can happen if you
go the "traditional" route.

No monetary interest; just a satisfied customer.

Tom Rech
59 BT7