Re: [Healeys] Frame and Chassis restoration

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Frame and Chassis restoration
From: "Tom Rech" <tdrech@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2008 08:47:40 -0600
I believe you still need a sway bar no matter how stiff the frame is.  In
fact, I just ordered a 3/4 bar from AH Spares.

Tom Rech
BT7

...............and also the transmission mounts which are supposed to be
captured nuts.  I had to drill through the frame and bolt from  underneath.
must say that Jansen dismisses the need for a sway bar  because of the
stiffness
of his frame.  Yes, there are differences that can  be aggravating, like the

lack of depth of the pockets in the rear bulkhead when  you try to mount the

rear shocks, and various predrilled holes for attaching  things like the
rear
seat pans.  I think, overall, he assumes you are as  accomplished as he is.

Bill Schumann ( novice) BJ8