Re: [Healeys] hydraulic clutch question

To: "Steve B. Gerow" <steveg@abrazosdata.com>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] hydraulic clutch question
From: "Alan Seigrist" <healey.nut@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2008 13:33:20 +0800
Steve -

Your throwout bearing should not be "riding" on the clutch when in the rest
position.  It should be just backed off slightly very similar to a disc pad
in the rest position on a disc brake.  If it's riding on the clutch housing
that will result in premature wear of the throwout bearing as well as the
driven plate and your flywheel.

Alan