Re: [Healeys] Cam

To: "'Ken Clifford'" <ken@dfi1.com>, <Healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Cam
From: "Chris Masucci" <csooch1@aol.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2008 22:18:43 -0600
Ken,

I had Elgin Cams regrind my stock BJ8 cam with a mild street grind.  I don't
have the cam card handy, but I think it was about 20 degrees duration added,
but no appreciable lift increase.  Just enough to wake it up but still give
a nice, smooth idle.  Throttle response is excellent, but I did smooth all
intake and exhaust ports to remove casting flash and matched intake and
exhaust as well.  They also reground all lifters for me and nitrided the cam
and lifters.

Cheers,
Chris
BJ8