Re: [Healeys] Friday Funny

To: "Richard Hosmer" <rahosmer@citlink.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Friday Funny
From: "Jody Kerr" <jodyfkerr@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2008 20:30:10 -0700
As a humorous aside. I learned an interesting fact from my ex-wife
regarding Tonto. (Probably the only worthwhile thing I remember about
that whole stage of life).

Tonto means stupid.

When the spanish explorers were traversing the american southwest they
were working with the Yaqui tribe (iirc) nd asked who the indians to
the north were. The yaqui said that they were the Tonto indians. The
explorers took that to be their name, not an adjective.

All things progress over time, and we end up with the adventures of
the Lone Ranger and Stupid. :)

heh

--
http://www.theymightberacing.com/