Re: [Healeys] Friday Funny

To: healey help <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Friday Funny
From: <insptwo@msn.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2008 22:47:28 -0500
What always amazed me was that  fact that Tonto could ride into a two bit
town, stand next to a building to overhear conversations and NOBODY thought
twice about it! Yet he was the only indian in town!
Bill
BJ7

> Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2008 20:30:10 -0700> From: jodyfkerr@gmail.com> To:
rahosmer@citlink.net> CC: healeys@autox.team.net> Subject: Re: [Healeys]
Friday Funny> > As a humorous aside. I learned an interesting fact from my
ex-wife> regarding Tonto. (Probably the only worthwhile thing I remember
about> that whole stage of life).> > Tonto means stupid.> > When the spanish
explorers were traversing the american southwest they> were working with the
Yaqui tribe (iirc) nd asked who the indians to> the north were. The yaqui said
that they were the Tonto indians. The> explorers took that to be their name,
not an adjective.> > All things progress over time, and we end up with the
adventures of> the Lone Ranger and Stupid. :)> > heh> > On Jan 24, 2008 8:18
PM, Richard Hosmer <rahosmer@citlink.net> wrote:> > Couple of more regarding
the "masked rider of the plains" and his "faithful> > Indian companion":> >> >
The Lone Ranger and Tonto were in a desperate scrape with some cattle> >
rustlers, and would, it seem, need some help in rounding them all up. The> >
Lone Ranger sent Tonto to town for assistance, while he kept the bad guys> >
pinned down. In a short while, Tonto returned with several attractive> >
dance-hall girls. Naturally this annoyed our hero, who then said: "Tonto, I> >
distinctly told you to bring the posse!"> >> > This is a visual: Our heroes
are standing on a road behind some low hills;> > the tall buildings of a city
are visible in the distance, and a signpost> > near them reads: "San Francisco
- 20 miles" The masked man is holding the> > reins of both horses, while
Tonto, who has his ear to the ground, speaks"> > "Many proctologists, Kemo
Sabe, MANY proctologists."> >> > And finally, we see a wizened Lone Ranger, in
great age, in a rocking chair,> > mask hanging on the wall - clearly he has
retired from active duty. We see> > that he is reading a book, entitled
"English-Sioux Dictionary". The balloon> > above this peaceful scene reads:
"Kemo Sabe = North end of southbound horse"> >> >