Re: [Healeys] My BN2 has finally arrived!...

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Healeys] My BN2 has finally arrived!...
From: Tadeusz Malkiewicz <tadeusz.malkiewicz@plusnet.pl>
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2008 18:47:25 +0100
I have placed some pictures on picassa:

http://picasaweb.google.com/Volvo1800S/AH100Pictures

http://picasaweb.google.com/Volvo1800S/AH100Detailed

The more detailed are loaded right now..

This is my very first Healey, so. I have to say I do not really know what I
bought.

I would be grateful for any comments regarding originality and issues with
the car.

The car starts pretty well, brakes and turns fine.

I have noticed few issues:
- the reverse jumps out of gear
- when downshifting from 3rd to 2nd it seems the synchronization is weak, an
I should use the gas pedal to accelerate the engine.
- there are leaks from rear shocks
- there seems to be an oil leak from the engine - either from the valve
cover or from the head.
- the carpets do not fit.. at all..
- the armacord mats are missing from almost everywhere...
- the underside is sprayed with some black stuff which looks horrible.. but
may be good for the car.

Otherwise the car seems to be pretty rust free, the panels sound good (no
huge amounts of bondo..)

Please let me know what you think..

Thanks, Tadek