Re: [Healeys] My BN2 has finally arrived!...

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Healeys] My BN2 has finally arrived!...
From: Kent McLean <kentmclean@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2008 14:53:32 -0500
Tadeusz Malkiewicz wrote:

 > I have placed some pictures on picassa:
 >
 > http://picasaweb.google.com/Volvo1800S/AH100Pictures
 >
 > http://picasaweb.google.com/Volvo1800S/AH100Detailed

You are a brave man. With all the horror stories about buying and shipping cars
overseas, it looks good to me. I would sell my soul if my '56 looked as good.
(I'm sure it can, with a truckload of money.)

My 2 cents:

Jumping out of gear, synchros -- Gearbox may be original and not rebuilt. Hey,
it works. :)

The black coating looks to be underseal, which is supposed to protect the frame
and panels from rusting.

Carpets -- I haven't heard anyone on the list say the bought good reproduction
carpets. At least they are new.

Armacord mats -- these will be tough to find.

Yes, it has some oil leaks. No big deal. (Don't all British cars and bikes leak
oil?)

Unless the car was sold to me as a 100-point concours restoration, I'd be very
pleased with it's condition.

Congratulations. May you enjoy many miles/kilometers together.

--
Kent McLean
'56 100 BN2