Re: [Healeys] painting engine bay

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Healeys] painting engine bay
From: BJ8 Healeys <sbyers@ec.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2008 10:27:14 -0500
I have used silicone fluid for 15 years, so have had ample opportunity to get
it onto surfaces where it shouldn't be.  When I painted my engine bay, I had a
hell of a time getting rid of the fisheyes.  Even after stripping some areas to
bare metal, then sanding/cleaning with every solvent known to man/metal
prepping multiple times, I still got some degree of fisheyes.
Silicone fluid is great and I wouldn't go back to DOT3/4, but it's really
persistent on surfaces and a pain when it comes time to paint again.

Steve Byers
HBJ8L/36666
BJ8 Registry
Havelock, NC