Re: [Healeys] BJ8 firewall rubber plugs

To: Rich C <richchrysler@quickclic.net>, Healey List <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] BJ8 firewall rubber plugs
From: Earl Kagna <kags@shaw.ca>
Date: Fri, 08 Feb 2008 16:17:53 -0800
Rich:

Curious!  My very late BJ8 (#42845) has the big striker holes in the shut
pillars.  I'm absolutely positive that they are original to the car. They're
still there - no need to replace them during the current restoration - no
deterioration.  The only plugs I could find are red ones.

When I dimantled the car for restoration, there was the one red plug in the
firewall - all the rest were black.  I've always wondered about that.  I
replaced it with a black one, but maybe now I'll go find the original and
put it back in the interests of authenticity. (No intention to go concours
with this Healey - too many other modifications.)

Earl Kagna
Victoria, B.C.
BT7 tri-carb
BJ8