Re: [Healeys] Connecting Rod Torque Settings? - BN1

To: "John Harper" <ah@jharper.demon.co.uk>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Connecting Rod Torque Settings? - BN1
From: "Alan Seigrist" <healey.nut@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2008 21:12:10 +0800
John -

Yes it's for the old girl, the Atlantic.

All of the big end (connecting rod) bolts have been replaced with the longer
bolts and the castellated nuts and drilled bolts are long gone (replaced by
some PO in Wellington, NZ ages ago).

I've bought all new Nyloc nuts so was just bolting it all up.  I checked
around and someone on BCF said it's the same as for the 6 cyl - 50 ft-lbs.
It makes sense to me, unless you have some other notion.

Best,

Alan

--
Alan