Re: [Healeys] Connecting Rod Torque Settings? - BN1

To: "'Alan Seigrist'" <healey.nut@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Connecting Rod Torque Settings? - BN1
From: "Chris Masucci" <csooch1@aol.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2008 21:01:41 -0600
Alan,

The correct torque for all main and rod caps for any engine, is whatever
torque is within the specified range and yields the same bearing clearance
on all caps.  It may take several attempts to arrive at a consistent
clearance.  Plastigage is cheap.

So if the range is 45-55 ft-lbs, then one should use whatever value in that
range results in consistent bearing clearance.  One cap may require 55
ft-lbs to yield a .0025 clearance, and another may require only 48 ft-lbs to
yield a .0025 clearance...for example.

Cheers,
Chris
BJ8