[Healeys] GURU SU fuel pumps BOB...still confused

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] GURU SU fuel pumps BOB...still confused
From: "Keith Taylor" <krtaylor@exemail.com.au>
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2008 12:06:03 +1100
BOB
I am still confused, your info on coil body length clarifies too some extent
 BUT ........
My original "Service Manual " page C10 quotes :-  " L  type  high pressure
pump" ,is the manual wrong ? I am unaware of 100's with the pump placed
other than above the fuel tank.
My parts list c1956 gives the original pump part No AUA 36 Burlen have no
listing but they do list AUC 718 T @ GB 458 pounds *shudder* not an option.

MY DILEMMA
I have 5 rebuildable pumps ( i need 3 ) if "L" pumps ARE low pressure these
are useless BUT one of them came off a car & was well rusted on, It has a
casting No SU 4080 ( sacrificial id was a pommie specialty ).

CONCLUSION
All screw sizes are 4BA... one has single points ..all others have twin points
Caps are interchangeable    (*# mumble #*)

I will trust my GURU & rebuild 3 pumps with 4BA screws ,long coil ,& twin
points & file the bloody "6V & L " off the cap

NB I am fitting backup pumps .

Keith Taylor
WAMBERAL OZ
BN1