Re: [Healeys] Springs again (not Healey, but English)

To: Russ Staub <bbb11489@azboss.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Springs again (not Healey, but English)
From: Charlie Baldwin <mgcharlie@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 02 Apr 2008 14:02:13 -0400
Russ,
I think I heard somewhere that they (the marketplace) is supplying MGB
GT rear springs for all MGBs.
Perhaps that isn't universal.  Maybe if you check part numbers for each,
you will find out.  Of course the GT is heavier in the rear because of
the top and hatch.
Charlie

Russ Staub wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Alan's problem with springs reminds me I have a similar problem- rear
> leaf springs not coil springs, and for an MGB not an A90.
> I recently purchased a '64 MGB.  A previous owner had installed both
> sets of leaf springs.  They are brand new, as the part numbers are
> clearly visible.  I have verified the part numbers to be from Victoria
> British, and they are the appropriate 6 leaf springs indicated for an
> early MGB.
>
> Now the problem-  They raise the rear end so high, the exhaust pipe just
> touches the bottom of the axle.  I cannot for the life of me, see what
> is wrong here, as they appear to be properly installed.  Any present or
> former MGB owners out there who can give me a lead on what the problem
> might be?  Seems as though they must be somehow improperly mounted, but
> it isn't apparent to me how they might be mounted any differently.
>
> TIA,
>
> Russ Staub
> '50 A90
> '56 BN2
> '60 AN5
> '67 BJ8
> Mesa, AZ
>
> You are subscribed as mgcharlie@comcast.net
>
> http://www.team.net/archive

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type text/x-vcard which had a name of
mgcharlie.vcf]