Re: [Healeys] (no subject)

To: "ROBERT HAY" <jerryhay@msn.com>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] (no subject)
From: "John Snyder" <helyjohn@cablespeed.com>
Date: Sun, 4 May 2008 19:06:50 -0800
Robert, I missed the first part of this thread, so please excuse me if what
I suggest is redundant.  Have you tried blowing air back into the tank?  I
ask because my current restoration is a BN7 that was put into dry storage in
1974 w/o draining the gas tank.  Could not pull fuel out of the tank, so
tried to blow back into the tank.  80 psi would not blow the plug out.
De-gassed the tank, used a cut-off wheel to remove the section of the tank
w/ the suction pipe.  Could not shove a wire up from the tank side.  Had to
drill the block of gasoline out of the pipe.  Welded the section back into
the tank.  Now run a filter between the tank and the pump.

BTW, I'm in the early stages of looking for a BN7/BT7 for my next ground up
restoration.  Your email said you have a BT7 "Cheap".  How bad is it, where
are you located?

John Snyder
Port Townsend, WA
1959 BN7