Re: [Healeys] intermittant engine clatter

To: "Healey Mail List" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] intermittant engine clatter
From: "Leonard Hartnett" <thehartnetts@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 17 May 2008 11:39:11 -0700
Steve:  The only thing you didn't mention was whether you actually checked
valve clearances to see if you had a mal-adjusted (loose) rocker.

Although it sounds like it is coming from the valves, check the Woodruff key
in the pully (harmonic balancer) on the crankshaft.  Easy to check - (with
engine off  ;-)  ), move fan back and forth and see if the pully moves.

(The Other) Len
Vacaville,  California,  USA
1967 3000 MKIII, HBJ8L39031