[Healeys] BN2 Electrical wiring

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: [Healeys] BN2 Electrical wiring
From: Tadeusz Malkiewicz <tadeusz.malkiewicz@plusnet.pl>
Date: Wed, 21 May 2008 16:43:00 +0200
Hello,

I am trying to get the electricity working back together on my Healey, but I
have some short circuit on unfused elements.. (The car was converted to
negative earth before I got it.) I have analyzed the wiring diagram, and
please let me know if my conclusions are correct:

1. There are basically 2 fused circuits running from two terminals on from
the fuse box amd one unfused:
A4 terminal (35 amp fuse), switched on through ignition switch:
- stop light
- flasher
- fuel gauge
- heater
- Wiper motor

A2 terminal (50 amp fuse), constantly on:
- horns

A3 terminal, unfused circuit, switched on through ignition switch:
- overdrive
- fuel pump
- ignition, coil

Directly from the Voltage Regulator A1 terminal:
- lights

So, my question is quite simple - am I correct here?

If so, why are there unfused circuits???

Thanks, Tadek