Re: [Healeys] Computer Question

To: <healeys@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Computer Question
From: "Ed's Shop" <shop@justbrits.com>
Date: Thu, 22 May 2008 19:48:05 -0600
<<Sorry to bomb the list.  But some of you guys know your shit when it comes to
this stuff.>>

Just a tad, Mark<G>!!  Hate to admit it but I started with DOS and thought I
had died and gone to Heaven when WinDoz came out (HOW naive is THAT>><G>)!!

<<I will be switching to high speed internet that comes with MacAfee anti
virus.>>

Guess what you get when it's "free"??  LOL    crap.

<<Should I totally delete the Norton anti virus that I have on my computer now>>

Does so just on general principle.  BTDT.

<< or can they be used together.   I am guessing that running them together is a
bad idea.>>

As John said, Nope.

<<Also are the firewalls that come with high speed  sufficient enough for
protection or is additional protection necessary.>>

Just forget the "free" crap<G>!!

<<I have been on dial up since 95,>>

As the teeny boppers say today, OMG!!!  LOL

<< I am a total  high speed virgin.>>

But NOT LBCs<G>!!

As soon as you are set-up go to:   http://shop.ca.com/
and purchase the "Security Suite" and install.  Having the disc is really NOT
necessary as their re-download policy is GREAT.   You actually (like most) get
more than you "need".  I only opt to install the Anti-Virus, Anti-Spam,
Anti-Spyware, and Firewall (which is actually Trend's Zone Alarm).

With Norton & McAfee I have had more "freezes"/"crashes" than I have turned
nuts & bolts.  I have been thru AVG, and lots more.

I have NEVER (knock on wood<G>) has ANY problems with C.A.!!!  NEVER!!  That is
testament in it self.  IMO, adding a router is useless unless you have more
than 1 box.  If you on/off want to use a lap-top ALSO than router IS a good
idea.  (I have 4 boxes so router required<G>!!

A retired gent from GM IT that is now in business of fixing 'puters/software
turned me on to C.A. over TEN years ago and I have NEVER, no NEVER regretted
it!!!

Guess you can tell I AM a happy camper & user with NFI (damnit!!)!!

Ed