Re: [Healeys] Where does the gas go? NOT HEALEY- POLITICAL - Pt2

To: Healey <Healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Where does the gas go? NOT HEALEY- POLITICAL - Pt2
From: "Alan Seigrist" <healey.nut@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 26 May 2008 10:52:17 +0800
While I am working hard overseas to spread the good word about what it
means to be American, I am first hand witnessing the phenomenal
changes happening in the world... the very changes my dad put his life
on the line for all of us from 1944 to 1976.  Tell me why in Hong
Kong, there are as many American expatriates (population 300 million)
vs Australian expatriates (population 20 million)?  It's because
average Americans couldn't bother to be competitive in the world
economy, and they don't make the effort to travel, period.  The result
of this American Business myopia - America's largest shopping center
company?  Australian.  America's second largest bank?  Based in Hong
Kong. Americas second largest car company?  Japanese.  America's
largest Insurance Company?  Founded in Shanghai in the 1920s.

So instead of whining about the "global climate change conspiracy" why
aren't you asking why we aren't we doing everything in our power to
stop sending $500 billion dollars a year in oil payments to the last
handful of myopic countries that hate us?  And I'm sorry, drilling
Alaska ain't going to fix the problem.  I am a Mechanical Engineer and
have over 10 years of experience in the environmental sector,and I
used to work for Union Oil as well, I know what I am talking about.

And yes, Americans do waste a heck of alot of gas, and it pisses me
off every time I hear someone whine about $4 gas, or try to point the
finger at "greedy" oil company execs for profiteering.  Get over it,
and start asking yourself what are your local and federal politicians
going to do to make my nation that I love more competitive and better,
rather than a lagging the world?  Raising Taxes on oil companies won't
do a thing except make you feel better.  Why aren't there Americans
out here aggressively selling their stuff in Asia?  The Europeans and
Australians are everywhere.  Building more bigger Denalis and
Escalades (or drilling Alaska) isn't my idea of the future, and
foreigners definitely don't want these types of cars.

You owe it to the men and women fighting in Iraq for you, you owe it
to the men and women who are currently risking everything to get OBL,
you owe to our fathers and their fathers, you owe it to yourself to
get off your kester and do something rather than bitch about some sort
of "conspiracy."  If you don't like the state of affairs either:

a) do something about it yourself
b) demand change, then work hard to force that change
c) back up what you say with well researched facts rather than
convenient hearsay

I don't want to hear political bitching in this forum any more,
especially when it is just plain wrong.

Alan