Re: [Healeys] Brake Lights, BN6, Failure

To: "john close" <f9cougar@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Brake Lights, BN6, Failure
From: "Alan Seigrist" <healey.nut@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 28 May 2008 11:12:59 +0800
John -

If you really want bright tail lights, I would highly reccommend
installing a relay in the brake light circuit.  It will make a huge
difference and will light up your third brake light with no problem.
Your TBL is probably not lighting up because it isn't getting enough
juice from the brake light circuit.

Note that since I put the relay on the brake light circuit of my early
BJ8 and early BN1, I've never had any light fluctuation with engine
RPMs or any nonsense like that - just plain old bright tail lights.  I
then switched my bulbs to 3 watt luxeon LED bulbs and that just went
psycho with the amount of light coming out of the back end of the
cars.

Alan