Re: [Healeys] rear disc brake rotors

To: "E.A. Driver" <edriver@sasktel.net>, Alan Seigrist <healey.nut@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] rear disc brake rotors
From: richard mayor <mayorrichard@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2008 03:11:35 +0000
From: mayorrichard@hotmail.comTo: edriver@sasktel.net; healey.nut@gmail.comCC:
healeys@autox.team.netSubject: RE: [Healeys] rear disc brake rotorsDate: Tue,
3 Jun 2008 03:00:03 +0000

Wrong. The rotors ARE the problem. I have spent years trying to find a rotor
from another application that will work. The interior dimensions of the hat
must allow for the fit around the rear axle flange. Then you have the offset
problem, then the 5 bolt hole problem, the thickness issue and finally the
outside diameter. The best I am aware of is a Rover rotor, but after the cost
of modifying and machining it, it's cheaper to buy a Denis Welch rotor. If you
have a better rotor choice please share with me the name (make, model and
year) of one domestic or import rotor that you KNOW has the proper clearances.
Thanks,  Richard Mayor > Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2008 19:55:48 -0600> From:
edriver@sasktel.net> To: healey.nut@gmail.com> CC: healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] rear disk brake> > Hi Alan> > Amusingly I was thinking
of calipers, and not rotors. The rotors are > not a problem> as there are a
variety of import as well as domestic rotors which can be > used. You> first
need a good reference such as AIMCO parts book -which has mounting>
requirements, hat depth, hub opening, it is cross references between > makes;
and> several good wrecking yards for test samples. I have been do this for a
BN1> potential conversion, surprisingly the Saturn rotors are a good source >
for the> rear. As to the calipers for the BJ8 they can be XJ6 and XJS; and I >
believe> looking at the E-type parts manual -those calipers may also work.> >
As to the article I wrote it was based on what I received with the > inherent
over> sight by Cape of not looking at the late BJ8's bounce tower and assuming
> "one size" fits all.> In addition, the sloppy packing resulted several items
omitted to which > they refused> to supply when approached about the absence
pieces. In looking at > conversions> for BN1 on their site recently, and in
their literature, I did note the > kit for the> BJ8 was identical to the
advert I responded to in 2000. I think the > article is> fine as it stands as
it provides some ideas not provided in the > instructions.> > Kind regards>