[Healeys] I ran non-original Black and yellow California License

To: <rdavies1@cox.net>, <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] I ran non-original Black and yellow California License
From: William Berg <williamsantiks@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2008 22:28:17 -0700
Hey Gang,
I bought very good condition match set of '51 Black and gold plates plates,
these are a bit longer than the 60's ones I also got the correct red metal
corner tag that says '54 and has a serial number. DMV allowed me to run them
even though they were not original to the car.
They gave me a pair tags:month and year and a couple of aluminum tags for them
that hang off the bottom holes. I added nylon washers in between the plate and
the tags so when I want, I can rotate them behind the plate and they
disappear. Cool huh!
Anyway, the CA DMV is not a big fan off these plates because they are hard to
photograph at Tolls and by other monitoring devices. They are non-reflective
and Big brother is watching. They allow it, but they don't like it -
William Berg '54 BN1, '61 BT7