Re: [Healeys] Engine mount adjustments

To: Jerry Costanzo <grumpyinloomis@ssctv.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Engine mount adjustments
From: John Harper <ah@jharper.demon.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2008 11:47:23 +0100
Jerry

I did not notice anybody replying to this. It might be of interest to
you and others for me to reproduce below a short item I wrote for one of
our magazines about 18 years ago. I always set my mountings up to this
so I don't know if other settings can cause a problem.

************

It is not usually appreciated that the front top engine mountings need
setting up. This is not surprising as the instructions do not appear in
the 100-workshop manual but are in the 100/6 3000 version. These buffers
or "snubbers" as they are sometimes called should be set to 1/6th of an
inch clearance between the bottom of the buffer and the top of the
chassis bracket. This is achieved by adjusting the number and thickness
of the shims fitted between the metal top of the rubber mounting and the
main engine top bracket. The shims can be removed or added easily
without any dismantling as they are slotted to fit around the fixing
bolt and locating peg. First loosen the main fixing nut and then slide
them in or out until the correct clearance is obtained.

--
John Harper