Re: [Healeys] Engine mount adjustments

To: "Alan Seigrist" <healey.nut@gmail.com>, "Jerry Costanzo"
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Engine mount adjustments
From: "Quinn, Patrick" <Patrick.Quinn@det.nsw.edu.au>
Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2008 15:19:58 +1000
G'day

Now that was a familiar situation. In my car the fan went crashing into
the front cross-member and cut the bottom radiator hose to shreds.

Not because of the engine mountings, which are AH100 type grafted on to
a 6-cylinder engine but because the gearbox tie-rod rubbers had
completely disintegrated. That allowed the whole engine/gearbox to move
forward under brakes.

The rubber in the gearbox tie-rod rubbers is highly susceptible to oil,
of which everything behind the engine receives copious amounts.

Solution???? Fit new gearbox tie-rod rubbers made from neoprene - they
don't disintegrate.

Friday arvo here and I am about to knock off.

Hoo Roo

Patrick Quinn
Sydney, Australia

1947 Healey Duncan Saloon