Re: [Healeys] Re BN7 battery door

To: "Daniel and Diane White" <dwhite4949@wowway.com>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Re BN7 battery door
From: "Alan Seigrist" <healey.nut@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2008 12:48:09 +0800
Dan -

I can tell you from experience with my BN1 that rain very rarely has
the ability to creep up there and get in the cockpit.  I would just
glue the Armacord like the factory, water just won't get in through
the battery door unless you live in the tropics somewhere like Saigon
or something.  Even if you do, I doubt you will be driving the car in
a torrential downpour.  That being said, even in a downpour I don't
think water would get up in there.

Even in the worst case scenario where water does get in there, all you
have to do is park your car in direct/hot sunlight for a couple of
hours and all the water will evaporate.  Drove my BJ8 in a torrential
downpour here in HK (on a freeway with no shoulder - I couldn't pull
over and put the top up) and had and inch of standing water in the car
in 5 minutes.  Took it the next day to a carpet cleaner and he sucked
out all the water with a carpet shampoo machine.  Then the next day I
parked it in direct sunlight for about 4 hours.  At the end of it all
the water was completely gone, even under the carpet's rubber backing.

Alan

'52 A90
'53 BN1
'64 BJ8