[Healeys] Again with the BN6 Flasher Relay

To: Healeys <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] Again with the BN6 Flasher Relay
From: john close <f9cougar@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2008 17:44:41 -0700 (PDT)
Sorry if y'all are getting sick of this.I got all excited about Norman Nock's
advice to clean the contacts and whipped that sucker on out of the Healey and
took off the cover. Dang if it isn't a modern kind with a printed circuit board
and 2 little relays. I forgot I replaced the original one years ago. Putting on
my specs and examining it more closely, though, I saw that the little copper
strip from the #5 terminal had fried a little and broken it's litle old self.
That explains the inop brake lights. I'm a-wonderin' could I solder in a little
bridge between the rivets on either side of the break? Seems like that'd
work.... What do you think? What about the cause? All inputs totally welcome.
Thank you - JRC
&nbsp;
PS - A little irony here. Years ago, I had an engineering job with the Air
Force's Space Division. Big problem on satellites back then was crazing of
printed circuit boards. Now I have the same problem on my 59-year-old Healey.