Re: [Healeys] Healeys Digest, Vol 2, Issue 356

To: "'Alan Seigrist'" <healey.nut@gmail.com>, <jessmd1@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Healeys Digest, Vol 2, Issue 356
From: "Ron Davies" <rdavies1@cox.net>
Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2008 16:28:33 -0700
Jess:
Alan is right but you may want to wait a few years for your perfect car.  It
took me two years of looking until I found my blue BJ8 and I still had to
replace top, interior, wires and tires and on and on and on....
Key is to join the clubs, go to meetings, ask how to spot a good car from a
fine paint job over a rusted hulk and look at a lot of cars. Those you can't
see yourself pay someone to check out. Many members will do that for free
for you.  I made up business cards with what I was looking for and handed
them out to members who posted them. I visited every British shop in my area
and handed out the cards. It turned out to be a member that found my car.
Networking. Buy the best you can afford.
It's the journey. That can be a lot of fun in itself.
Of course if you have $250,000 cash and ready to buy it will be amazing how
fast you can find one. I'll bet your car could be pried from a lister for
that amount :-)
Good Luck!
Ron O. Davies
SoCal
67 BJ8
97 DB7

"But finding the right car with specifically a good red interior - well
that could take you a couple of years."

Alan